Monday, September 2, 2013

New Baby Girl Coaster Mini Album

** 9/9/13 Top 3 at Incy Wincy! **
** 9/4/13 Top 3 at 4 Crafty Chicks! **

Hi everyone! I'm back on this first Monday in September (can you believe it?!) with my DT inspiration project for the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's Challenge #13 - Anything Goes! Woo-hoo! I just love me some Anything Goes and I know you do, too! AND we're being sponsored this time by the awesome Lacy Sunshine Stamps! Come play with us! :)

I'm so stoked to show you the New Baby Girl mini album I created with coasters! Yep, you read it right - coasters! Square coasters! I absolutely LOVE making mini albums and haven't made one in a couple years, so it was definitely time! This one is 'baby chunky', ready for six photos of that new baby girl, and created in non-traditional baby colors of green and purple, which is one of my fav color combos! And look at that adorable Lacy Sunshine Stamps image on the front - Snow P. Pod Flower Pot! It just doesn't get any cuter than that!


I kept the dimension down to a minimum on all the pages so the album could "close" somewhat! ;) I'm proud to say that each page inside is decorated with scraps of green and purple cardstock and paper, as well as leftover borders and die cuts from other projects! Woo-hoo! It was fun digging through the scrap bins! ;)


I used quite a few embellishments from my treasured stash, along with some rubber stamping on a couple of the pages.


This is the second baby project I've posted in two days... I showed this one (and the other one) to my son and daughter-in-law when they were over yesterday and told them they need to get busy! Hehehe!


I used the Crop-A-Dile Big Bite to punch holes on the left side, attached all the pages with O-rings, and tied different pretty green and purple ribbon to the rings.



I would love to enter this precious little mini album into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Blockheads Paper Arts square coasters
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; DCWV purple shimmer cardstock; Heartfelt Creations clear cardstock; other pieces of purple and green cardstock (various textures) from stash
  • Paper scraps from the Recollections Bold Basics paper pad; handmade purple paper from stash
  • Lacy Sunshine Stamps "Snow P. Pod Flower Pot" digital image
  • Copics: V12/17, E00/51/33/35, YG11/17, BG000
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Lili of the Valley Circle Sentiment stamp
  • Karber Flower Cluster stamp
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Martha Stewart Eyelet edge punch
  • Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party doily die
  • Magnolia Doohickey Leaf die
  • Sweet N Sassy Scallop Border and Lacey Eyelet Border dies
  • Spellbinders Labels Eight, Lacey Squares, Classic Squares, Classic Circles, Big Scallop Circles, Scallop Rectangles and Scallop Ovals dies
  • Purple MeiFlower bows
  • Crocheted flower, "Miracle" washer and 3-D bunny sticker from stash
  • KaiserCraft baby rub-ons
  • White flat-back pearls; pink and clear gemstones
  • Various kinds of green and purple ribbon

I hope you're inspired to create a project for our Anything Goes challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

Alyce said...

this is gorgeous! i love each page... you have done such a great job :)

~ginny said...

Wow! A great project that will be LOVRD by the recipients! I am a big fan of book making and of course I am attracted to your project. The colors are great - I love that you used scraps! (Isn't that rewarding in itself?) And finally using coasters for your book boards and pages is very creative. Thumbs up from me!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge at Aud Sentiments.
~ginny
Aud Sentiments Design Team
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our squares challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job! Awesome that you put this one in, I was so hoping you would...Cheers!

Leanne DT 4CC!

Tamie said...

I love the colors, layout and fantastic image. Incredible inspiration sure glad that you shared it with us at 4CC.

Sheryl said...

Wow! This is just amazing. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

Cheryl said...

What an awesome mini album! I love that sweet image on the front and your color palette inside. Pastels are nice for babies, but I really like it when the colors are bolder.

Sheryl said...

Ooops sorry Leslie, I still love this project!!!!!! And thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Sheryl xx

Shuly said...

this is so super beautiful, wow! awesome project!!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a new baby album here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

What a clever idea to use coasters.
Fabulous job wih the coloring, so glad I get to work with you and learn new tricks.

Joan Macdonald said...

Fabulous project and so beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at Challenges4everybody.

Joan x

Cathy van de Bruinhorst said...

What a great project and so stinkin' cute!!! Creative idea... such talent!! Love it!!
Hugs, Cathy

Gabrielle said...

Lovely project! Thank you for joining in with the September Country View Crafts challenge - we really appreciate it!