Friday, January 3, 2014

Wishing you well

** Winner at 4 Crafty Chicks! **

Hi crafty friends! Happy Friday evening! I'm here with a late post for Inky Impressions IIC #140 - Anything Goes. I have to admit, I'm hardly ever late for anything, but the Inky DT was off last week while I continued to create a couple extra projects with the December releases, so in the back of my mind, I was thinking this was my week off! NOT! Nothing like getting caught with my pants down, as my Dad would say! ;)

I chose the super cute Wishing Well digital image for my "Wishing you well" card. I cracked the seals on a new pad of some fun 6x6 papers and matted all the elements on dark teal textured cardstock.


And of course, I had to get some practice in with my new bow maker, so I created a double-loop bow out of some gorgeous deep teal ribbon which actually looks more royal blue in the photos.


I kept the inside simple with a computer-generated sentiment to coordinate with the front sentiment (also computer-generated).


I'd love to enter my get well card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Colorbok dark teal textured cardstock
  • My Mind's Eye Memorable 6x6 paper pad
  • Inky Impressions Wishing Well digital image
  • Copics: C1/3/5, Y17, BG000/13/45, YG61/63, E33/37
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles and Lacey Circles dies
  • Ranger Antique Linen distress ink
  • VersaMagic Oasis Green ink
  • Dark teal ribbon
  • Champagne flat-back pearls

Hope you're inspired to create a fun project for our Anything Goes challenge! Be sure to stop by the Inky Impressions store to check out all the fun images! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Carole Robb Bisson said...

D
That wishing well is a beauty but the blue bird is adorable. Daddy always sang about a blue bird on the windowsill. Thank you for sharing this marvelous card with us here at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

lauren bergold said...

what a fab and fun card, and a great use of that beautiful blue cardstock; plus i loooooooooooove that awesome double bow! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (last of!) STASH with us this week! :)

tampatha said...

What a lovely card! Great image. I love my bow easy!!! I cannot make bows without it! LOL
Thanks for joining our Get Well Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week and good luck with the GDT call. :)
Tammy GDT

Moira Gray said...

Just gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

Moira DT.

Trimgym said...

Lovely

Leanne said...

Omgosh girl this is so awesome, love the paper and the colors. Great coloring too! Nice touch with the ribbon/bow! Thanks for playing and entering our GDT call too. Happy Day!

Leanne DT@4CC!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Leslie! Your cards are amazing, and SO bright and creative. I thank you for sharing in our challenge. It's such a huge blessing to have you play along with us and I really hope that you will continue to share your sweet talents with us. I would consider it a blessing and a HUGE favor to have you share your sweet creations with us each week. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely art.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Leslie: Really like your card. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Mandy Chilvers said...

love it. thanks for joining us on CraftyHands

Becka said...

Thanks for joining is with the CraftyHands Challenge, this is really lovely.

Well done Becka B DT member x

Kanan Pandya said...

Beautiful image and just love that little birdie, sweet sentiment too.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)