Monday, October 13, 2014

True beauty comes from within

Hello, my crafty friends! Another fun challenge has begun over at Crafty Cardmakers and more, and I'm very happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #125 - It's Only Words. This time, we want to see your project with the main focus being on the sentiment! Easy peasy!

I created an inspirational card (and my first-ever swing card) and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I recently got the Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set which I've fallen madly in love with! There are a whopping 12 dies in this set! Add some gorgeous double-sided papers in a green and blue color combo, and a pretty awesome card is beginning to emerge! Now all that's left is to embellish it...


I stamped the Unity sentiment on a pretty die cut created with one of the dies included in the Flip-Its die set, then matted it on a navy blue lacy square SB die cut and adhered it to the front side of the swing mechanism. I added some small gemstones beneath the sentiment, and then some larger ones on the left panel.


I repeated the stamping and matting once more, and adhered that unit to the back side of the swing mechanism.


I cut a flourish out of the same navy blue cardstock and adhered it to the right panel, then topped it with a satin double loop bow.


To finish the card, I added a cluster of flowers on top of a metal corner affixed to the lower right panel.


So happy to enter my swing card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; DCWV textured navy blue cardstock
  • K & Co. Blue Awning double-sided papers
  • Sentiment from the Unity Strength & Dignity November 2013 Kit of the Month
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set
  • Spellbinders Lacy Squares die
  • Magnolia Doohickeys Swirl die
  • Flonzcraft metal corner embellishment
  • Champagne gemstones
  • Olive satin ribbon
  • Wild Orchid Crafts flowers

I hope you've found a little inspiration here to create a project for our It's Only Words challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. Hie Leslie, a very pretty card. I love the swing card base and your colour combo is really pretty. Your bow and embellishments are fabulous.
    Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card - I love the design! (So much so I've had to search out that die you mentioned ...) Beautiful papers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Leslie. A lovely sentiment with pretty colours and embellishments. Fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Leslie, this is amazing! Would you look at those fancy folds and the swinging sentiment, oh my! Loving your vintage colours and that stunning bow! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am off to use mine now! A beautiful inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Leslie. I have never made one of these but yours is lovely and the papers compliment the shape. Just lovely...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Lesley. The colour combo and shape of card are wonderful - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Leslie with perfect colours and great design

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Leslie, I must get around to trying out my flip card dies too.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - yhe blues and greens are lovely color choices. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful swing card, loving the colours, the bow , the flowers and the sentiment, I guess I love it all!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this - a great colour combination.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love the colors. The flowers are pretty too. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so elegant and lovely. Great design and paper choices. I've never tried this type of design. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks also for joining our Where There's Hope challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back again, Leslie - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge too.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D