Saturday, December 31, 2016

Split-Top Box of Note Paper

** 1/4/17 Winner at Crafty Gals Corner! **
** 1/5/17 Top 4 at 4 Crafty Chicks! **

Hi everybody! Well, it's finally here... the last day of 2016. I was just laughing with someone the other day remembering all the hype about the impending 'Y2K.' Seems like yesterday. Where have the years gone?! This is my last post with Crafty Friends and I'd like to thank Diane Louise, Tanya and the rest of the design team for having me along this past year. I've had a blast - and I could not ask for better DT leaders! A new challenge is live this morning and I'm super stoked to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #48 - Anything Goes. Our awesome sponsor this time is:


I created something fun and practical gift - a split-top box of note paper. I used neutral colors of ivory, kraft and black. One can never go wrong with neutrals.


I love this James Taylor quote which was one of the sentiments in a double set of Stampin' Up! stamps. It's large and created a nice panel to go across the top of the box.


Here are a couple shots of the box opening up.


I lined the bottom of the box with a matching panel. And, by the way, every piece of the ivory note paper was hand cut to fit the box. I have no idea how many sheets I cut but it was a nice stack! :)


Happy to enter this project into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Paper Accents 120# Kraft cardstock, Stampin' Up! Basic Black cardstock, GKD Ivory cardstock, Stampin' Up! Typeset Specialty DSP
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! 'From My Heart' stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Accessories: MISTI, Ebony Black Crystal Drops

I hope you've found some inspiration to play in our 'anything goes' challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Leslie

Thanks for creating your stunning project for our last challenge of 2016... I absolutely love it. I am so proud to have you on our Team. Happy New Year and I hope 2017 is a very happy, healthy and creative year for you.

Crafty Hugs
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Leanne said...

Great job, love the stamp you used, and this box is so cool, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

Brenda said...

Such an amazing box! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx